Online T Shirt Silk Screen Printing Chicago Illinois & Cheap Custom Designs
Here’s the thing: there’s lots of print shops out there. There are also a lot of ways to make a custom t-shirt. But I have to say, if you make the wrong choice, the longevity and quality of your shirt is at stake. I’ve been thinking back to some shirts I’ve needed in the past, and, in retrospect, I really wish I would have known about Rival Screen Printing at the time. I’ll give you a couple examples.
- Roseanne. In my opinion, probably the best sitcom of all time. At least in the top five. My best friend agrees. In fact, she’s more obsessed than I am. Due to her obsession I decided to make her a chicken shirt. If you’ve seen the show, you know exactly what the chicken shirt is. Nearly every cast member wears a version of it at some point throughout the run of the show. There’s even an apron with the same design. But you can’t just go out and buy one, so I decided to make one myself. I’m generally pretty crafty, so I got me some iron-on transfer paper and got to work. The shirt looked great, she loved it, and she wore it as Darlene Conner for Halloween. The end. Because after one wash, it looked like crap. I was trying to save money by making it myself, and I ended up wasting a lot of time on a shirt that lasted for one wear. Rival Screen Printing would have saved me money AND provided me with a shirt that would still be wearable today.
- Step Brothers. A horribly stupid movie in most people’s opinion I’m sure, but another of my favorites. Once again, my best friend agrees. So when she had her bachelorette party, I decided to make Prestige Worldwide shirts for everyone. Since I didn’t learn from my previous mistake, I used iron-on transfers again. The shirts looked pretty cool, I have to say. A few days later, my husband did laundry and put my shirt in the dryer. All that work and it took only a few minutes to ruin it completely. Yet another time when Rival Screen Printing would have come in very handy.
The next time I come up with some awesome, must-have, can’t-find-anywhere-else-without-going-broke t-shirt idea, I know exactly what to do. There are plenty of print shops in the Chicago area, but I happen to know that Rival Screen Printing has the best prices, the best apparel selection, and the highest quality in town. If only I had a time machine… hey, maybe I’ll build one myself! (I never learn).
Looking for some free stuff to do in Chi-town? There are a myriad of possibilities. You could hang around Grant Park, take a walk downtown, window shop, hit up the art institute, people watch- but here’s my suggestion if you need a good laugh: heckling. Not just your average yell-mean-things-at-people-out-the-window heckling. Nope. That’s been overdone. This type of heckling is called Blame Your Friends. Here’s how it works:
- Find a friend or friends who are looking for something to do.
- Invite them to go somewhere with you- it doesn’t matter where, as long as there are alleys and buildings around.
- As you’re walking down the street together, look for a spot you can duck into quickly.
- Make sure there are some people in front of you- not too close or too far away.
- Yelling something at the people in front of you, like “You could do better!” if it’s a couple, or “Hey, look at those nerds up there!” (or something way meaner) and then duck into the alley or behind the closest building so that when the people turn around, your friend(s) will be left standing there to take the blame. Timing is key.
- Watch and laugh as your friend(s) get caught, because at that point there’s nothing they can do, and they know it.
- Run for your life.
Now you have yourself an afternoon/evening of fun. Go try it out.
I have some terrible news, news you’ve probably already heard if you live in the Chicago area. Two of our most awesome locations are either gone or about to close their doors for good. This is a very sad year for Chicago nerds and hot dog enthusiasts, because Uncle Fun’s and Hot Doug’s are no more. I know, I know. It’s an outrage, but there’s nothing we can do about it.
Uncle Fun’s, I’m afraid, has already closed forever. I can’t tell you how much I loved this store. You couldn’t walk in the door without getting lost for hours and spending $20 on handfuls of useless but completely necessary crap. You couldn’t walk in the door without having perma-grin. And you certainly couldn’t walk in the door without finding the perfect stocking stuffer for every single person you know. I’ll forever have a tiny hole in my heart, and I will never forget the glory of Uncle Fun’s.
If you’re a fan of Hot Doug’s, you’re still in luck- they won’t be closing until this October. If you’ve never been, I encourage you to visit there before they’re gone forever- if you can get in the door. Make sure you get yourself some of those sweet, sweet duck fries. Yep, French fries- fried in duck fat. Ahhllllllggglllll nom nom nom nom. The only way I can come to terms with losing two of my favorite venues is to commemorate them with custom t-shirts. I’m gonna come up with a sweet design and send it to the pros at Rival Screen Printing, so that the spirit of these two iconic giants can live on forever- in screen print.
- Chicago Summer Festival & Events
- Mobile Marketing for Chicago Self-Publishers
- Let Us Help You Become a Hipster With a Tee
- T-Shirts For St. Patrick’s Day
- Custom Designed Fanfiction Apparel
- How to Make the Best School Club Apparel
- Screen Printing Popular TV Show Shirt Ideas
- Fitness T-Shirts - Custom Gym Apparel - Yoga Athletic Wear
- Bar & Restaurant Custom Apparel - Pub & Bar Crawl T-Shirts
- Children’s Theater & Play Screen Printing Services
- Custom Band T-Shirts & Apparel
- Rush Order & Same Day Screen Printing
- Where Can I Get T-Shirts Printed in Chicago Illinois?
- Best Local T-Shirt Printing Company Chicago
- T-Shirt Printing - Fast Online Service Chicago
- Apparel Printing & Custom Design T-Shirt
- Sports Jersey Screen Printing Chicago
- Make and Design Your Own Personalized Shirts in Chicago
- Cheap Company Logo & Polo Embroidery
- Live & Event On Site Screen Printing Chicago
Screen Printing Specials!
50 T-Shirts for $300 - Purchase any combo of Gildan 5000 t-shirts, any color colors and sizes from Small to X-Large. 1-2 Color Prints front or back, 50 cents for each extra color. +$2 for American Apparel Brands.